2021 Yearlings Partnership
Excursionniste (left) and Devil's Edge (right) getting their morning training in at Harris Training Center in Ocala this past winter.
Just 12 months ago we started our Little Blue Bird Stables journey at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale in Timonium, MD. With the help and hard work from Team Hennig, we purchased two NYB yearlings – Devil’s Edge & Excursionniste - both of which are in training at Belmont Park. Excursionniste debuted at Saratoga and has finished 2nd and 3rd in two starts. Devil's Edge is preparing for his first start later this year. We think this is a great success story for our first time at the sales.
So, we stuck to our gameplan and went back to Timonium to continue to build our presence in New York and provide our Partners with an exciting and well thought out opportunity for racehorse ownership.
• We went back to Timonium, MD with Team Hennig and found two strong, athletic yearlings to add to the LBB Stables Fam
• Mark & team took the the lead in evaluating each of the yearlings.
• 80% of our search was about physical conformation, and 20% about breeding.
• Over the course of the four days in Timonium, we did three separate walk-throughs and developed a shortlist of about 15-20 potential targets and had them vetted.
• The two yearlings we ended up with are both New York breds and were very high on our list of targets.
• The two yearlings are packaged together to present ONE opportunity for our LBB Partners.
• Both horses are now in Ocala, FL to start training with Robbie Harris at the Harris Training Center, with hopes of shipping up to New York in April/May to begin preparing for debut in the summer.
Filly. Always Dreaming - Moonshine Bertie
Colt. Central Banker - Votre Coeur
What We Liked About Her...
- She's a big, gorgeous filly that carried herself with lots of class throughout the four days of the sale.
- She has a beautiful walk with a stride that covers lots of ground.
- The dam side of her family has produced some solid runners, especially when it comes to fillies, including Thunder Bertie, Ballad of Bertie, First U Make Aroux, and Efforting.
- Auction Price: $42,000
What We Liked About Him...
- He has really great size for a late foal (May). He's already very strong in the shoulders and hind end.
- He's built to be very quick and was great value in the second day of the sale.
- While his dam may be unproven, there are successful runners in his 2nd and 3rd dam with the likes of Cross Border and Private Emblem. There's also intriguing cross breeding with Central Banker in the 3rd dam.
- Auction Price: $20,000
Partnership Opportunities: Fully-detailed pricing plans that include expectations for costs, communication and experience have been developed and are ready for distribution. Each plan includes cost of purchase, NINE months of training fees, insurance policy, shipping expenses and a 15% LBBS management fee.
Grab a buddy or family member to split shares! We want to find a price point that works for you, so let us know and we'll try to accommodate.
Gold Partner - $13,000 for 10% ownership of BOTH yearlings.
Silver Partner - $7,000 for 5% ownership.
Bronze Partner - $2,800 for 2% ownership.
Please note: Any payments made via the website will be finalized with the signing of the LBB Stables Standard Operating Agreement.
Plenty of bonuses to take advantage of over the course of the year.
We have the option to race all year-round, minimizing the need to think about shipping south for the winter.
Why NY Breds?
We believe we can get really good value if we pick the right athlete. That's not easy to do, but if we put in the extra work, and get them in the right hands, (and with some racing luck) we improve our chances of getting to the racetrack and being successful. Hey, we did it once and have both yearlings in training in New York.
Two year old in training sales have become incredibly risky, with breeders working young horses more aggressively to sell for more money at auction. We've heard enough stories to avoid this for now.